
I think the thing I love the most so far about being in Taiwan is riding my bike. There is nothing like the wind blowing in you face as you peddle to the grocery store. It is very
hot and humid her. Even worse than Texas. With the heat beating down it is
nice to feel a breeze.
Trying the food has also been fun. Buying groceries to make a meal is expensive. Meat is not very popular and expensive. Milk taste weird and cost about $3-$4. Because of this we usually by a meal from a stand. I spent 60-30nt. About $1 or $2 on a meal. They are usually very tasty and make great leftovers. Since it is inexpensive I enjoy trying new dishes. Tonight I tried a new dessert. It was shaved ice with coconut milk and fresh mangos!!!! I think fruit is the second reason I love being here. You can buy fresh mangos, pineapple, guava, dragonfruit, and bananas for really cheap. I love it. I have also tried grilled squid. A little chewing, yet enjoyable.
Watching movies is fun here. It cost about $7.50 to watch a movie. When
you buy your ticket you get an assign seat. Most movies are viewed in English with Chinese subtitles. They waste no time at the movies. When a movie is over they do not roll credits instead they shew everyone out so they can sweep for about 5 mins.. When you see the brooms leave you have about 2 min. to get in and get to your seat before the next movie starts. If you are feeling hungry you do not have to sneak food into the movies. McDonalds is right across the street, so grab a burger and fries and head into the movies.
So far I have seen Superman Returns and Pirates. When we went and saw Pirates the movie stopped at one of the most intense parts. People started leaving. We decided to wait until someone came and told us to leave. Luckily it started again.
No comments:
Post a Comment