Today our day began about 6:00am. This was really early for me. We are also not allowed to go to sleep tonight until 9:00pm tonight and no nap. This is to help with the jet lag. I do not feel the side affect from jet lag yet, but we will see what happens. We had a tour of the school. If there is ever an emergency and we are unable to use the stairs we will be repelling out the window. Apparently sometime during the semester the fireman will be coming to help us practice this.
The most important part of the tour was how to properly sort the trash. As Taiwan is a small country with tons of people and very limited space, recycling is important to help keep it beautiful. If you mess up on the recycling process you will be fined for not recycling correctly. This work because instead of setting you trash in a trash can at around 3:00pm you hear a truck that sounds like the ice cream man. It is the trash people and you race outside giving one truck trash and the other recycling.
My first thoughts of Taiwan is that it has an interesting smell. It smells like fish and something else mixed together. The landscape is hills with Monasteries or cities with all the buildings pushed together so tight you start to feel claustrophobic. There is also a lot of smug. Sometimes when I breathe I feel as though I have sucked a bunch of junk that is sticking to my lungs. I think this explains why I see people wearing mask on their face all the time. The humidity is horrible here. It is about 82 degree, with 60 percent humidity. Yes, it is gross ans sticky.
The New House
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment