Monday, June 26, 2006

I have arrived!!!!

It is crazy to think that I am in Taiwan! Many would think that a thirteen hour flight is very long and dreadful experience. However it was not as bad as I had expected. Each seat was individual equipped with its own headset and TV. You are able to make movie selections, listen to a variety of music, and play games. My favorite game was called world traveler. In this game you work on your basic language skills. On the plane I also made a friend. He is from Taipei, but had been attending school at UCLA. Upon arriving at the Airport we found all our luggage, but the person who was suppose to meet us was not there. Luckily they had left a message and we bought bus ticket to continue our journey down to Taichung were we would head towards Fang Yuan.

This was the best 1 1/2 bus ride of my life. We each had our own huge comfortable leather chair to stretch out in. I slept the whole time. Upon arriving at Berhan (the school we are teaching out) we had to drag our luggage up 4 flights of stairs. The first three floors are the school and the 4th floor is our living area. There will be a lot of walking up the stairs. I am in a room with 4 other girls. This might sound crowded, but the room is really big with plenty of person space for everyone. With the late hour it was off to bed with the excitement of getting up early to start training

No comments: