
National Talk Like a Pirate Day
There are many strange and random holiday’s in the U.S. that I am sure no one knows about. For example Pie day, Friends day, Write a Letter to a Friend Day. The only one that I remember and really celebrate is National Talk like a Pirate Day. Since I was not at home to have a party and celebrate it with my friends I decided to celebrate the day with my students. It took me awhile to convince my kids that they did not want to be like Peter Pan, but a pirate. After they decided that being a pirate would be fun, we celebrated the day by dressing up in pirate outfits (that is using what resources and paper I had), walked the plank, sang pirate
songs, watched a clip from Peter Pan, had a sword fight, and a treasure hunt. We had a fun day. I hope everyone else had a wonderful pirate day.
No comments:
Post a Comment