

This weekend I took a nice relaxing trip up to Taipei to visit my Uncle Sean and Aunt Wanda. Sean had bought a barbeque since my last visit and he was excited to grill for me. I was very excited to eat it. It was also really nice to be away from Berham and see my family. On Saturday Wanda also took me to this amazing Buddhist hospital. I was not sick it is just amazing. The hospital has been designed so that it looks like a Hyatt hotel and the conference center put together. We were in a hurry so I was not able to spend much time there.

Saturday I met up with Stori and Julie. We decided to hit the nightlife and check out the much talked about snake alley. This alley is a popular tourist attraction with snakes and shopping. I think it must be popular because they hang snakes by these hooks draining their venom or bile right before they die which you can drink. Yum! Sounds like such a tasty treat. Overall it was a strange place and experience.
On Sunday we enjoyed church and then I took Stori and Julie out to experience the Buddhist hospital. At the hospital we met one of the volunteer who told us that people donated the 4-5 million dollars to build the hospital. People also come from all over Taiwan to volunteer and help at the hospital. Also since I had more time we were able to explore a little bit more. We discovered that there are several amazing gardens and ponds on different levels. I really think they should built hospitals like this in the U.S. It was not only beautiful, but I felt so much peace and happy as I sat there.
No comments:
Post a Comment