
Today we helped by participating in the Island wide service project for the 50 year anniversary celebration. For this service project we wore very cool yellow vest and collect receipts for a group that looks after handicap people. As foreigner we attract a lot of attention anyway so this was a great way to put our skills to good use. We stood around holding the boxes and people gladly gave us their receipts. You may think how receipts help anyone. Little did I know in Taiwan they have a lottery? The lottery numbers come from the receipts. Each time you make a purchase you have been entered into the lottery, if you keep your receipt. Instead of you collecting the money you have now made the organization the possible winner.
Tonight was also the night of the big YSA dance. In the past the YSA dance were very formal and only about 50 people show up. Because of this they asked our ward to be I charge of the dance. Apparently they believe that the foreigners know how to throw a party. It was a Luau Theme and we spent several hours the night before decorating and setting up. The picture is of me putting my paper flower making skills to good use.

At the dance during the opening prayer (in Chinese) the man said something that made everyone laugh. A girl told us that he prayed that we would all meet someone special. Mashell and I put our EFY skills to good us and taught the Baha Men 1 Line dance. It was a fun night with over 200 YSA from all over Taiwan coming out. In case you were wondering I did meet someone special. Lots of nice Chinese men who cheered for me while I line danced.
No comments:
Post a Comment